Remember that a lead magnet is a tool used by business owners to attract their audience to come to their website and sign up for their email list so that they can communicate their offers. The lead magnet needs to target the right audience, solve a problem quickly and easily, and provide specific information that the audience member is seeking.
- The Freebie Offers High-Value – Even though you’re giving this away for free, it still has a value, which is why you ask for an email address. An email address has a lot of value, so it makes sense that what you offer your audience as a freebie should be as valuable to them as their email address is to you.
- Delivers a Specific Solution for a Specific Problem for a Specific Person – If you keep this in mind as you create your freebies, you’ll be much more effective and successful. Ensure that the lead magnet is designed for a specific person and a specific problem, and that the solution is also specific because it’s yours.
- Promises One Awesome Thing – Don’t try to do too much in your freebies. In fact, this is a good criterion for any product you create because you want them to understand clearly what the product is going to do for them.
- Offers Immediate Gratification – The freebie needs to be immediately accessible; otherwise, they’re going to forget. Giving them access right away before they go to their email is the best way to do it.
- Demonstrates Your Expertise – The product itself needs to show them who you are and lead them to conclude that you are an expert in this area. You want them to trust you and understand that you’ll lead them in the right direction, so your product needs to give them that good feeling of making a good choice.
- Can Be Consumed Fast and Easily – Don’t make the solution take forever. It doesn’t have to actually start working today, but it should be easy enough to implement that if they started today, they’d see results shortly.
When you include all of these criteria into your lead magnets, you’ll be more successful using them as list builders. After all, you want to build a list full of your ideal customers, not just freebie seekers. Therefore, you want to narrow down your offer to fit particular people in your audience. This will not only help you develop your freebies but also ensure that these tools are used for their intended purpose.